A true comic genius, co-writer of Animal House and many others as well as director of one of the all-time great films, Caddyshack. Starring in Stripes and Ghostbusters, he was a veteran of Second City Comedy as well. A student at Washington University in St. Louis, MO, his legacy will last for generations. He will be missed.
Most times my mind is like a closet which hasn’t been cleaned out for years. Open the door to the thing and you see piles of interesting objects, shiny things and dust-covered forgetables.
Today, I run down a list of likes. Things which have my approval and/or I have come across and I simply dig.
- The new Coen Brothers movie “Inside Llewyn Davis”. Set in the early 60s, this tale follows one week in the life of a folk singer in NYC. Total ear candy, Coen Bros. style! I had to see it twice to really get it. A thinking movie, per usual with Joel & Ethan.
- St. Louis Blues hockey. These guys are for real this year. Extremely high-quality of their game. Coach Ken Hitchcock is legendary.
- Watching golf on the weekends. Since football has been limited lately, I’ve been really enjoying the PGA both in the U.S. and in Europe (early morning viewing).
- Jimmy Fallon. I cannot wait for Jay Leno to be off the airwaves at night. Jimmy brings The Tonight Show back to the creative, sincerely funny realm the King, Johnny Carson, left it.
- Rolling Stone magazine. Until lately, this was the only true magazine I subscribed to. Provocative, pushing the limits and great insights from Mike Taibbi and others. Must read every month!
- Bob Dylan. I’ve been re-reading his autobiography and really listening to his works. This guy is so talented and was such a great poet, I don’t think the music industry truly appreciates his influence.
- Coffee. I’m a fan of Baby’s coffee from Key West. Get several pounds a year sent up here. I’m on a Conch Republic blend right now and it is fantastic! Will be reordering soon.
- The tv show White Collar on USA. Those writers are special.
That’s it….plenty more but then what would I write about next time?